Friday, January 22, 2010

Dear Weave......

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

It's been 2 1/2 months without my weave. I haven't done that since..............hell I can't even remember! I almost feel like it's never been in my hair before, because I'm so nervous. Perhaps it's because I'm not 100% comfortable with knowing I'm spending an arm and a leg on hair that someone NEW will be putting it in. *sigh* Well................................we'll see how it goes. In anycase, I'm happy to get my hair back! In the 2 1/2 months of being w/o it, my hair has totally shocked me. It's almost as if it's been saying "bish look at how good I look without the extensions, I'm treating you right!" Thanks to the Dogro regime, and shanelles monthly protein sessions my hair is the healthiest I seen in quite sometime.


Anywho.................I met Candy at a houseparty, and she's actually been doing hair for years but just got her license. She showed me a gallery of her work, and I must say I was pretty satisfied with it. So I'm gonna give her a try.

The style I'm gonna go for this tiime is pretty much a simple one. It's between Aaliyah and Kelly Rowland.


I want a natural look that I can wear curled or straight. Ofcourse I'm gonna do my signature Jet Black (#1). To conquer this look I'll have to use some Virgin Indian hair. Virgin hair is pretty much the only hair that can transform from wavy to bone straight. Not sure yet if I want a side part or a center part. I'm thinking a side part because I do love bangs!

Now for the hair! *sigh* Unfortunately this Virgin hair cost's an arm and a leg, prices range from $100-180 per bag, depending on the brand you get. Believe me the BRAND makes a huge difference! I asked Candy what hair brand she'd recommend and ofcourse the brand she recommended was around $159 per bag. I was able to go to a huge beauty outlet i found in a hood (I'm talkin the size of a Costco) and I sampled a few brands.

To Be Continued................

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.